A Trigger Area Event will trigger the actions as soon as any object or a specific object gets inside a defined area.
Settings for Trigger Event
- The Toggle option means that when the event is first triggered, the actions go one way and when it's triggered again the actions come back, creating a toggle effect.
- All → every object will be considered for the Trigger Area detection.
- Custom → choose a specific object to be considered for the Trigger Area detection.
- The type of area. It can be a box or a sphere.
Transform (Size, Position & Rotation)
- Define the transform values for the trigger area.
- Show or hide the visualization of the trigger area in the editor.
Here are the different Actions you can trigger with the Trigger Area Event:
- Destroy Object
- Switch Camera
Try out teleporting via the Trigger Area event + Scene Transition action in the example above by walking into one of the teleports.