The Create Object action allows the creation of new objects within a scene. Spawning objects is possible via a variety of events, which unlocks plenty of use cases for playful effects and interactions.
Creating a new Create Object Action
- Select an object and create an event on the right-side panel for it (e.g.: Follow, Start, Mouse down)
- Open the event and search for the “Actions” panel
- Add “Create object” to your actions
- Select the object to be created and customize the behavior to your liking.
Object creation can be used with the following events:
Customizing a Create Object Action
Object → Select the target object to be created.
Origin → Specifies the location of creation, either in the
world position or
relative to another object.
Base → Determines the visibility of the reference object in play mode.
Position → Sets the specific position of the created object based on the x, y, and z values.
Delay → Specifies the delay in seconds before the object is created.
Frequency → Sets the frequency at which the object is created, ranging from 0.01 to 60 times per second.
Rotation → Specifies the rotation of the created object based on the x, y, and z values.
Dynamic → Determines whether physics is applied to the created object.
Velocity → Sets the initial velocity of the created object along the x, y, and z axes.
Destroy → Determines when the created object should be destroyed.
- No: The object will not be destroyed automatically.
- After Lifetime: The object will be destroyed after a specified lifetime in seconds.
- After Collision: The object will be destroyed upon collision with another object.
- After Amount is Reached: The object will be destroyed after a specific number of instances have been created.
- Amount: Specifies the desired number of instances to be created before the object is destroyed.