Similar to traditional tools like Blender, 3DS Max, Autodesk Maya, and Google SketchUp; Spline also enables you to create 3d content, but there are some fundamental differences:
- Spline is multi-user and collaborative. Many people can work on a 3d scene at the same time and give real-time feedback. Learn more about collaboration →
- Spline uses a 2d approach to 3d design Easier to learn.
- Spline is web-based Cross-platform, run on the browser.
- Spline works in real-time (no need to render).
- You can create interactive 3d content Instead of just static images or videos. Learn more about events →
- You can create real-time 3d animations and transitions. Learn more about state-based animation →
- Your content is stored in the cloud (no need to handle local files).
- You can embed your 3d scenes/models on any website or web app.